New To Bikram Yoga?
Bikram Yoga is specifically designed for beginners. At first it may seem hard, but with a little preparation and an open mind you will be amazed at what you can achieve and how good you will feel. Our certified teachers will support you every step of the way. Join us for class today. Detroit Bikram has locations in Farmington Hills and Troy.
Read a brief testimonial from a yoga student here how you can improve your endurance, stay injury-free, strengthen your core, reduce your stress, stay calm, and make great friends from this yoga practice and community.
- Drink plenty of water throughout the day and day before. A general hydration guide is drinking half your body weight in ounces.
- Replenish your electrolytes after class to prevent headaches or cramping. Choose from a wide selection at the studio.
- Allow 1-2 hours between your meals and practice.
- Wear comfortable clothing; avoid sweat pants, long sleeves or heavy tees.
- Be prepared to sweat…a lot!
- Arrive 15 minutes before class to check in and relax. New students are not permitted into class late, because there is a very important warmup breathing exercise at the start of class.
- Set 2 Goals For Yourself:
- Take the 2nd class within 24 hours. This will help you acclimate to the heat, avoid soreness, and receive even more benefits.
- Practice 10 times in the first 30 days (or as many as possible!).
- Bring a yoga mat (if you have one), large bath towel, and a bottle of water. We rent or sell all of these items if you forget. Bring an extra shower towel and a change of clothes for afterwards.
Studio Directors Jenny & Ian give 3 minute overview.