This post includes important details about the outdoor Bikram Yoga class Sunday morning 9am in Royal Oak. This class is a first-of-it's-kind... all movement abilities and experience levels are invited. We'd love to see you at the class, and your friends and family!
Where Do I Park?
- Parking is FREE for at Center Street Garage.
- In downtown Royal Oak, take Main St to 3rd St, turn west on 3rd St and the Center Street Garage is straight ahead.
- View Center Street Garage on a map.
- There is also a drop off area near the class check-in at 6th St & Main. Talk to the security guard at this intersection to access the drop off. Note: this is not a valet and it is meant for those who need physical assistance.
When Is The Class?
- Yoga class starts at 9am and goes until 10am.
- Check-in starts at 8am, please plan your morning drive and parking so that you can comfortably get to the check-in by 8:30am.
- The Arts Beats & East festival starts at 11am, so you don't have to worry about crowds or traffic jams conflicting with our yoga class.
Where Do I Check-In to Class Sunday Morning?
- The check-in tent is on 6th St between Center and Main.
- Once you park at Center Street Garage, head south on Center Street, 3 short blocks to 6th St.
- The yoga class will be at the Main Stage which is accessed from 6th St.
How Do I Sign Up?
>>> Pre-register online here.
- Online signups will be automatically entered into a Raffle with great prizes from local businesses.
- There is a $10 donation entrance fee, kids 16 & under free. Donations support Spina Bifida Association of Michigan.
- OR, you can sign up at Troy or Farmington Hills studios, print your name on the clipboard to be on the entrance list with a pre-donated ticket (a generous donor has pre-purchased 100 tickets per studio).
- OR, if you don't pre-register, you can simply show up to the class by 8:30am and register at the check-in table.
Who Can Attend This Class?
- Anyone is welcome to participate in this class, whether fully able-bodied, or in a wheelchair, or with any other movement restriction or disability.
- The purpose of this class is to create a spirit of inclusivity in our yoga community.
- Studio director Jenny O'Laughlin will lead this class through 26 postures and 2 breathing exercises, with modifications.
Click to view demonstration of Half Moon modification
What Should I Bring?
- Bring your yoga mat.
- Dress appropriately for weather, if cool morning may need pants and sweatshirt.
- Chairs will be provided for sitting during class if needed.
- Water will be provided at the class for participants, you cannot bring your own water bottle into Arts Beats & Eats.
Why A Donation Entrance Fee?
- The $10 donation fee raises money for the Spina Bifida Association of Michigan to support families in need and to raise awareness.
- Our daughter Rose was born with a severe form of Spina Bifida, therefore we are inspired to support this organization.
Can I Donate Even Though I Can't Make The Class?
- If you can't attend the outdoor class, or if you want to donate beyond the $10 class entrance fee, your generosity is very much appreciated... you can donate online here. Note: this donation link does not register you for class.
We thank you for your support, and we hope to see you on Sunday morning!
Ian & Jenny O'Laughlin, Studio Directors
Thrive Hot Yoga / Detroit Bikram
Click above to watch "Jenny & Rose Invitation"